Request for Expressions of Interest
|Project Holder||Ministry of Transport and Roads Development|
|Project||Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|RFP Title||Feasibility Assessment, Detailed Design and Technical Specifications for Rehabilitation of Burao-Berbera Road|
1. The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) was established in 2012 to provide a single vehicle through which development partners could support Somaliland's development goals. The first phase of the SDF was implemented in 2013-2018 and supported the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap through funding projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP) while at the same time recognizing the role of GoSL in the delivery of basic services.
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The objectives of the SDF2 are threefold:
- Support increased inclusive economic growth through investment in productive, strategic infrastructure to enhance economic growth and revenue generation;
- Strengthen and maintain the capabilities of the government of Somaliland to prioritize and manage the sustainable and equitable development of Somaliland’s infrastructure; and
- Support strong government ownership of development priorities aligned with the National Development Plan
2. The Somaliland Ministry of Transport and Road Development (MoTRD) has been allocated funds from the SDF2 for a Feasibility Assessment, Detailed Design and Technical Specifications for Rehabilitation of Burao-Berbera Road.
3. The SDF Secretariat, on behalf of the MoTRD, seeks to engage a Consulting Firm to conduct the feasibility assessment, detailed design and technical specifications for rehabilitation of Burao-Berbera Road.
4. The overall objective of this request for expression of interest is to find a suitably qualified consultancy firm to carry out the above-mentioned assignment.
5. The SDF Secretariat now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Evidence that the firm is a registered entity with minimum 8 years of experience in similar assignments;
- Tax compliance evidence in the country of registration/domicile;
- Registration with relevant authorities and professional bodies;
- Availability of professional staff with suitable qualifications in the field of assignment.
8. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Manual 2019.
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in written form to the address indicated below by email on or before 27 July 2020 by 11.00 am East African Standard Time.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies and service providers to influence the outcome of the selection process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this service provision.
10. Address and contact details mentioned in No. 9 above are as follows:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394