Invitation for Applications
|Project Holder||Various Ministries|
|Project||Various Projects (MoAD, MoTRD, HWA)|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Procurement Specialist (roving position)|
|Reporting to||Project Manager of relevant Project|
|Duty Location||Hargeisa with travel to various project locations across Somaliland|
|Duration||12 months renewable contract based on performance|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of three new projects. The three projects are Ministry of Agriculture Development – Sustainable Land Management Project, Ministry of Transport and Roads Development – Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project, and Hargeisa Water Agency – Lasdhure Water Project. As a part of the SDF project implementation, the SDF Secretariat assists the Project Management Team (PMT) in the preparation of procurement package/bidding documents, including ToR, specifications, Bills of Quantities and drawings. To further enhance the skills of the PMTs and to embed best practice in procurement within the respective in the three projects, the SDF Secretariat seeks to engage a Procurement Specialist.
The SDF Secretariat therefore invites qualified Somaliland Nationals to apply for the Procurement Specialist position. The position will be roving between the three approved project PMTs and the SDF Secretariat.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Procurement, or relevant field.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 7 years of experience in a procurement role with donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of procuring goods, works, consulting and non-consulting services via competitive bidding procedures.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading a procurement portfolio based in a donor-funded organisation using international procurement procedures, such as those of the World Bank, African Development Bank and other similar organisations.
How to apply
Detailed Job Description can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This consultancy is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.